*This is day five in a 13-day series for the Twelve Days of Christmas*
Welcome back to the Twelve Days of Christmas, where you get to play ‘Secret Pixie’ to a neighbor or friend!
For background on the history of the song visit the first post in the series. For the directions on how this whole thing works, visit the second post in the series.
Remember, each post in this series works together, so be sure to visit them all!
It occurred to me last night that when I send you to reveal yourselves as the ‘Secret Pixie’, I have instructed you to bare a gift of cookies. But I have not given you ANY cookie recipes!
Therefore, starting with this post, I will be providing you with a different cookie recipe each day.
Here is the first:
Here’s all you need:
1 5 oz can crispy chow mein noodles
1 11 oz pkg peanut butter chips
1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chips
1 Tbsp shortening
Here’s all you do:
- In double boiler, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips with shortening, stirring often.
- Once melted, combine in large bowl with crispy noodles.
- mix until noodles are completely coated.
- Spoon onto wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with holiday colors.
- Freeze for 10 min for a quick set.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
*Makes approximately 1 1/2 dozen medium haystacks
Now down to business!
For the FOURTH day…
You will need a message pad or Post It notes and the following printout.
Thanks for stopping by! And be sure to leave a comment. I love your comments!
I’ve shared this recipe at these other great sites this week.
Be sure to visit them!