Everyone loves good food, even kids. But sometimes the usual meals can seem boring after a while. Even old favorites like PB&J get tiring. And if you have a picky child in your house, well, that can just make things worse.
Since I’ve been watching my sons’ girls more often lately, I’ve been trying to think of different ways to make lunch fun.
Sometimes all it takes is changing the way something is made, even by just a little bit, and suddenly, it’s fun again. For a lunch or snack, these PB&J Piewiches hit the spot. It’s a sandwich and a pie in one. And it’s fun.
Not only do they fit perfectly into little hands, they whip up just as quickly as a boring, regular sandwich.
Here’s all you need:
- 1 1/2-2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter
- parchment or waxed paper
- Two slices white or wheat bread
- 2-3 tsp each peanut butter and jelly
Here’s all you do:
- Place a slice of bread on parchment or waxed paper
- With palm of hand gently press bread to flatten; repeat with second slice
- Using cookie cutter, cut out one round per slice of bread
- Spread bread rounds with peanut butter and jelly
- Place one slice of bread over the other, PB&J facing each other; seal edges with fork tines.
Makes one Piewich
More Kid-Friendly Recipes