This marinated bell peppers recipe uses just a few ingredients and spices and takes mere minutes to put together. You’ll love its tangy sweet flavor!
I’ve been a fan of bell peppers for as long as I can remember. Or maybe I’m just so old that I don’t remember?
Either way, I love them roasted, in hummus, and raw either plain or with a dip.
But, my new favorite way to eat bell peppers is my marinated bell peppers recipe. It is so simple to make and tastes fantastic.
I love using the mini bell peppers, because they’re the perfect size for making ring slices. You could always chop them up or cut them into strips, but slices are so much prettier.
They will need to be seeded first, which is super easy. I just used a paring knife to cut of the top and then sort of use it to scoop out the seeds.
Aren’t those little rings pretty? They fit perfectly into my mason jar, too. All you really need to make this recipe absolutely fabulous is a few good quality ingredients, like extra virgin olive oil and some spices.
My marinated bell peppers recipe is perfect for gift giving on any occasion. It’s even great as a hostess gift.
My favorite way to eat these bad boys, other than straight out of the jar, is with cream cheese and either chips or crackers. Fabulous.
I’d love to be able to tell you that my kids love my marinated bell peppers recipe as much as I do, but, they haven’t even tried it yet.
Honestly, it’s doubtful they even will. I’m ok with that, because it just means there’s more for me.
Looking for more easy recipes like my marinated bell peppers recipe? Try these:
This marinated bell peppers recipe uses just a few ingredients and spices and takes mere minutes to put together. You'll love its tangy sweet flavor!
10 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 TBSP kosher salt
- 10 large mini bell peppers
- 2-cup glass jar with air-tight lid
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reserved brine
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Wash, core and de-seed mini bell peppers
- Slice into rings
- Combine apple cider vinegar, water and salt in a small saucepan
- On high heat, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes; Set aside
- Remove pepper rings from brine and place in a 2-cup glass jar
- Add olive oil, reserved brine, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano and basil; gently combine
- Cool completely
- Seal with lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
Take our of fridge 1/2 before serving to allow olive oil to come to room temperature.