Coated with a deliciously sweet & crunchy rum coating, these Rum Spiced Walnuts make a perfect treat or homemade gift!
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love getting homemade baked goods, candies and treats during the holidays, and I certainly love giving them. There are so many easy recipes that are perfect for gift-giving, or simply sharing with your guests at a gathering.
This recipe for rum spiced walnuts is a new favorite of mine. They do take a little time to bake, but they are super simple and the results are amazing. In fact, the kids and their friends haven’t been able to keep their hands off of them!
I’ve teamed up with eleven friends who are also sharing holiday treats today. Be sure to check them all out, they are not to be missed!
- Vanilla Mixed Nuts with Cranberries from BetsyLife
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
- Rum Spiced Walnuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
- White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Peppermint Bark from Million Moments
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge from A Night Owl
- Old Fashion Molasses Cookies from Bless This Mess
- Peppermint S’mores from Mom Endeavors
- Brown Sugar Caramels from Stephie Cooks
- Gingerbread Cupcakes from See Vanessa Craft
- Cranberry Orange Fudge from Around My Family Table
- Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs from White Lights on Wednesday
- 1 Cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon dark rum
- 2 Cups walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and rum; mix until just blended
- Stir in walnut halves
- Spread on silicone mat lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and the every 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Store in air-tight container
- Lasts up to 2 weeks
CLICK HERE for a step by step tutorial on how to make spiced nuts